The purpose of the meeting was to reach a consensus regarding where the funding will be best used to improve the park experience for dog owners. There were many points expressed and it is clear that many people have desires for the park which very important to them. The goal of this meeting was to get as much feedback and as many suggestions as possible and then identify the 10 or so points that could and would be presented at the upcoming April 22nd official public input meeting.
The following are the most frequent suggestions:
- Lighting (Possibly Solar)
- Drainage and Irrigation Problems fixed
- More than one Off-Leash Area (separate areas for big and small dogs)
- Waste Bags
- Water Fountain in Dog Area
- Entire Park Off-Leash at Non-Peak Times
- More Signage in the Dog Area Listing Dog Rules, etc.
- More Trash Bins
- Fencing in the Dog Area
- More Seating/Benches
- Use of Non-Toxic Herbicides
Thanks to everybody who anticipated in this event, and we look forward to your continued involvement at the April 22nd public input meeting.